Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Anyone do concrete or know someone who does. My dad has a 3800sqft patio that needs to be paved with the grate underneath and sawcut diamonds once poured. If so, please call me 313 477 4505 thanks.

2. macomb-lawn

macomb-lawn LawnSite Senior Member

OMG.... we agree on something ;)

:laugh:

3. macomb-lawn

Sod should be cut, rolled, loaded, unloaded, and then laid all within a few hours time. It shouldn't be sitting more than a few hours, unless it's really cool outside and it's in the shade, and even then more than 6 or 7 hours and your pushing it. Next time if it's cool enough out ( 50-60 deg.) over night, soak it down with water while it's in the shade. But, even then, it's still a coin toss if it'll live. That method should only be used if there is absolutely no way to put it down. The best way to do it, is order the sod and have it cut the morning you are going to lay it, and as it comes off the truck, put it on the ground. Storing sod overnight doesn't work very often. I second what 5 Star said and start tearing it out before it really starts looking bad because it's not going to come back, especially now. It's too hot out.

4. fjay5272

fjay5272 LawnSite Member

This is my first job out in ypsilanti (or ypsi-tucky), I have about 6-7 yards of top soil to get rid of, does anybody know of any good places to dump out there, that are relatively cheap.

Thank you

5. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

contact Onyx at 6 mile and Napier.

6. Smithers

a friend has a large sprinkler system that i spent 1 hr trying to start up this weekend. It pumps water from the creek next to his house. I could not figure it out for the life of me. I am amazed how complex and vague the controllers are.

Anyway, is anyone interested in a system start up? PM me if so.

if not, any leads would be appreciated.

7. macomb-lawn

Give me a call and I'll put you in contact with someone that will hook you up.

(586)532-7500 ext. 710

8. Smithers

i will. who should i ask for? name?

9. macomb-lawn

Dan :drinkup:

10. fjay5272

fjay5272 LawnSite Member

thanks petrentz, by the way I don't if any of you deal with the rockshoppe but im really impressed by them. I ordered 4 pallets of pavers for last friday they called me friday morning saying they wouldnt be ready til the afternoon, then they changed it to monday but promised they would be there first thing today, and of course this morning I got the call again.....ah the waiting game...so great for business.