Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. grant087

grant087 LawnSite Member

idk that seems quite cheap for such a small area, does anyone else agree?.....is that with old sod removal?

2. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

Right now FedEx is quoting $79 - $105 (depending on package dimensions I dont have yet). R&L was $126.75. UPS was even higher yet. So far FedEx is surprisingly in the lead by a significant margin. FYI.

Kevin

3. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

try DHL, just to see how they run

4. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

In defense of All Seasons - they did a great job on a repair I had. It was quick and very reasonably priced. I do almost all of our mechanic work myself ( and that's a lot). However, I ran into a problem that I didn't have the time to fix. I brought it in on Friday afternoon - I had the rider back on Monday afternoon (bearing seized on a PTO and froze the whole engine as if it was seized).
    I don't do a ton of business with All Seasons - because I buy a lot of used stuff. However, I do get a fair amount of parts from them and did buy a new Exmark WB from them a couple of years back. My point is, there are a lot of other people that spend $$$ with them and I expected to be pushed to the back of the repair line (understandably). I have friends that constantly have equipment in All Seasons for repair. Ernie treated me like I was his most important customer and got that machine back to me ASAP. To me, that says a lot.
    Jeff is a "parts" god. The guy is the best resource for parts info. I've found his info to be invaluable a number of times. Those guys will continue to get my business for a long time to come. I used to be really tight with Jeff and John at Frolunds. I learned a ton from their mechanics Pat, Howard and Tiny.... and even remember Dan from when old man Frolund owned the place. When Frolunds closed, a huge void was created. All Seasons has filled that void in a lot of ways, which is a big testament to their business.

5. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Orion Stone

Where in Ohio and how much weight

6. Metro Lawn

I guess it is different with everyone. I think they were mad when I quit buying Exmark Lazers and went to Hustler Super Zs even though at that time I would go out of my way to go to the guys in Utica (W) lol They burned me too many times and I will do anything I can not to spend a dollar there. We are working on opening a mower shop in Harrison Twp. or close by, and I would not treat customers the way they treated me.

One note on Frolunds, I miss them guys too. Bought my first Scag hydro from them back in 91...

7. scraper69

scraper69 LawnSite Senior Member
    from mi

South of Cleveland, and about half skid of brick. 250 pavers.

8. scraper69

scraper69 LawnSite Senior Member
    from mi

WAY too cheap! Try to triple that number Rich

9. Metro Lawn

Can you get me a delivery zip code? My brother works for FedEx Freight and they give him a 50% discount. Any idea of the weight?

10. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone interested in a 99 F350 5.4 with 150,000? I am trading it in tomorrow. $8000 takes it if I hear from you by 9AM.

[​IMG]