Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. grant087

grant087 LawnSite Member

i have an old bunton 52 that needs work on the engine im asking 175 for it.........

2. grant087

grant087 LawnSite Member

anyone know of anyone looking for work that knows how to use a ztr, im willing to pay good money......full time

3. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

what's good money?

4. grant087

grant087 LawnSite Member

12 an hr this year......also anyone in the livonia, canton, northville area i have a lead a a bunch of accounts if anyone wants to split them up with me

5. macomb-lawn

macomb-lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Nope. I need a bigger building or to get rid of crap we don't use. Our garages are packed, and I can't park anything outside. It'll get stolen. :dizzy:

6. We'd be willing to take on some overflow work in the Livonia area. Have 1 crew with enough open time to take on 6 - 10 accounts, depending on size.

7. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

hey guys. I'm turning 18 here in a few weeks and it is time to legalize my business. What do i need to do to become a legal business. I know i need to file a DBA,Decided if i want to be a LLC or a sole proprietorship, i need to get insured, and i also need to get a tax idea number. is there anything else that i am forgetting? also what are your guys thoughts on being a LLC vs. a sole proprietorship, and last buy not least if you become a LLC do you still need to file a DBA.
    thanks alot
    alex

8. macomb-lawn

macomb-lawn LawnSite Senior Member

DBA is not a good idea because you open yourself up to personal liability. YOU are the company, i.e. Joe Blow "DOING BUSINESS AS" Premium Lawn Care.

There is no seperation between your personal and business activites, therefore should you get sued, your personal assets could be at risk.

Anyways... there's a lot to it. Spend a few hundred now and consult an attorney AND an accountant for guidance. It will pay off in the long run.

9. sinsere

sinsere LawnSite Member

I know of a lawyer that will set up your business for about $400 or so. Hes on mack and cadieux area.

10. Spend the time if you're truly serious to speak with both the attorney AND a couple of accountants. You'll be establishing a couple of long term relationships most likely, so interview them as you've probably had done to you by now, to make sure that the people you're working with are going to be able to understand you and vise-versa. As far as I've been concerned, my relationship with our accountant has been every bit important as that with my ole' lady (I get to call her that even though she's much younger).:)