Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

did you have it locked up?

also, did you have your truck parked infront of it at night?

sorry to hear that, ryan...but at least the mowers did not go too.

2. progolferjoe72

progolferjoe72 LawnSite Member

i find it hard to believe youre moving shops again this year!!!! im sure you grew that much!!

3. scraper69

scraper69 LawnSite Senior Member
    from mi

Probably BK

4. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape LawnSite Senior Member

Are you moving to that building that you told me that you were building, wasnt it going to be somethinglike 30,000 sq feet of just office space..and have a 4 acre yard for all the trucks that were not at your shop? Just wondering:laugh:

5. macomb-lawn

macomb-lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Actually, we're moving a few miles away to a 22,000 sq. ft. building on Carlo Drive. Our current landlord owns that building also and since it's going to be a while for construction on our own building, we need the room now.

6. macomb-lawn

Hah.. never :laugh:

7. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Dan, what is the status? Are we doing this thing with the salter today?

8. macomb-lawn

I already called you :drinkup:

9. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

Dan, how much you guys paying for the billboard?

10. macomb-lawn

Alot. Want specifics? Well, I'll give it to you now instead of later cause I'm half drunk and won't be online till Tuesday :drinkup:

Artwork: $1500.00
    Production Costs (printing): $3400.00
    12 Month Lease: $63,000 ($5250 a month, first two months upfront at signing)
    Artwork Change (winter time): $500.00
    Production Costs (winter): $3000.00

That's what we paid. But, they gave us a deal because we're "changing" the artwork in November to a "snow theme." Overall the billboards vary in price depending on location. Ours is in a high traffic area but they cut the cost if you sign a year long lease. You can do our billboard for $5K a month with higher production costs if you only do a 3 month lease. The minimum is 3 months on most unless you wanna pay an outrageous short term lease fee. I was told all those Superbowl billboards were $20K plus for one month because there were only one month deals.

You can get them at cheaper costs, but it's mostly based on location. Ours is right at M59 and I-94 which is a major corridor in Macomb County. The cheapest I've seen them though is $1500 a month. You can't get out of the upfront costs for production, but you do get to keep the billboard print when they take it down and you can reuse it later. It's kinda like renting a building. They run credit, make you sign a 30 page lease, you have to insure it, etc.

Oh yeah, DON'T get one of those "rotating" ones like we got. That's the biggest mistake we made. It's cheaper for a "better location" billboard, but it doesn't do as much when cars are flying by at 80 mph. It rotates every 8 seconds. Was it worth the money? No. Did we get phone calls. Yes, but none that made any money. Would I do it again? No. Why'd we get it? Because 80,000 people see it every day and everyone knows our name.

I forgot to ask why your asking.... why?