1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. scraper69

scraper69 LawnSite Senior Member
    from mi

Any of you have a past employee start up their own biz.? I just saw one of my guys who worked for me for 3 yrs out today with a little trailer and some lawn equipment. What a bunch of sh&T... I hate shirtailers"" Punk kid. The second he starts moving in on my customers, HE's DONE>:hammerhead:
  2. MOOSE

MOOSE LawnSite Senior Member

scraper69, You should've had him sign a no compete agreement. I fired a guy who was with me for 5 years this winter. Never thought he would go after my clients. Well, he did. Clients were telling me about whenhe stopped by. Called him up and had him meet with me. Then pulled out the agreement. He signed.
  3. Axl

Axl LawnSite Member

Just wonderin when everybody is gonna start puttin their baggers on. Alot of my accounts already have leaves on their properties.
  4. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

I dont see the problem if he wasnt stealing your customers? Hopefully he learned enough from you not to be a lowballer. At least he stuck with you for 3 years, Im averaging about 2-3 months per guy.

5. scraper69

from mi

Its just bugs me, mostly cuz he is my cousins kid. He has avoided me at all cost, because he knows I will be pissed. Ohwell. He wont last, mostly because I let him go because he was a slacker in his last year. Showing up late, being lazy, getting thrown in jail, Oh and worst HE STOLE $$ from me.
    What a day!
  6. grant087

grant087 LawnSite Member

i'm sure his new customers will love him then......not
  7. macomb-lawn

macomb-lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone interested in a 8 x 20' Haulmark trailer? 2005/2006 model, white enclosed. We need a bigger one. Send me a PM if your interested or give me a call.

8. scraper69

from mi

Sounds like your having a "Going out of Buisness" sale!!!:dizzy:
  9. Mike's Lawn & Snow

Mike's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

Pallas- what's goin on i gave you a call but you never returned it just seeing if you stilll have somone available?
  10. macomb-lawn

macomb-lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Nope, pre-winter clean up and moving sale. We have too much crap just taking up space, and some things we want to upgrade. If our trailer was just 2 feet longer, we could fit an additional machine in it which would save us a lot of time. We would need to send 2 trucks/trailers out. That, and we always upgrade stuff every year.