Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. keith_480231

keith_480231 LawnSite Member

Usually wait till 2nd week in Oct. to start on the snow fliers. Right now is "prime time" for Irrigation winterizing!!!payup payup payup

2. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

hey guys i'm buying a new trimmer tmmrow i narrowed it down to 3 brands shindiawa, sthil, redmax i think i'm leaning toward the sthil what do u guys think of these brands.
    thanks
    alex

3. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

Redmax:waving:

4. grant087

grant087 LawnSite Member

stihl over shidiawa my personal opinion i like the way the sthil's trim better seem to be less bouncy, never tried redmax before though.....

5. Mike's Lawn & Snow

Mike's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

redmax stratocharged DUH!

6. jmkr02

jmkr02 LawnSite Senior Member

Unless you are going to have some one working full time with one tool all day and have another and another to use in place of a break down look into the sthil kombi. It is more expensive but it saves trips back to home base to get another power unit and saves carring extra. I am going to retire my first unit to a less used job. It will become a specialty machine dedicated to pruning because it is going to have a shorter duty cycle. Otherwise buy disposable shindowa or red max and have at least 2 edgers & 2 whips get rid of the every couple of years.

7. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone on here do tree removal/trimming? Do you need any licensening for this?

8. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Stihl is my favorite.

9. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I sold tree work for a local company for 2 years. No licensing, just insurance. The ISA has a "certified arborist" title they'll give you if you pass their exam.

10. grant087

grant087 LawnSite Member

anyone interested in a group buy on boss plows?