Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

So you have a contract, but people want to be billed per time?

2. alternative

alternative LawnSite Senior Member

yes
    monthly=4wks

3. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

Because the grass on alot on my non-irrigated and non-fertilized lawns has slowwed dramatically. Even the irrigated and fertelized lawns arent growing that fast right now. So, rather than gouge my customers by cutting every week, I cut only as needed until the end of the season. This way, my customers allow my to cut later in to the season, because they know Im not just doing it to stay busy, which makes them happier, and really dont cause me to lose any money, because the time I save not cutting is spent doing cleanup work, hedge trimming, aerations, etc.. that is way more profitable anyways. WIN WIN.

Kevin

4. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

Some months might have 5 mows though :) Do you bill for 5 mows on those months?

5. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

Well said, Kevin. What I was thinking all along

6. jmq

jmq LawnSite Member

I use J. O'connelly based out of birmingham mi, they have decent rates.

7. Mower For Less

I am surprised you guys are even still cutting up there. I havent had to cut the grass at my cabin in Leota since early August. LOL. I am going up to winterize it this weekend, and MAYBE cut the grass one last time up there. I was up there 3 weeks ago, and the leaves were starting to fall already, I figured you guys would be well into cleanups by now.

Kevin

8. alternative

alternative LawnSite Senior Member

Yes. It is basically per week. If 5 wks in a month. 5 wks billed. NEVER SKIP
    We do minimal of 30 wks, per season.

9. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

We have a couple lawns up here, 2-3 times for the summer. Leota has alot of sand around there.
    Do you ride the trails up there?

10. Mower For Less

4 wheeler or Snowmobile trails? Ive ridden em all plently of times. I even found Haskel Lake (that took me 2 years, LOL). I preffer the Denton loop for 4-wheeling, though. Usually more water and more mud.

I even smashed up my snowmobile up there on the trails on my way to Houghton Lake. There was a fork in the road, and I didnt take it. went head-on into a tree about 4" in diameter and took it right out of the frozen earth at about 50 MPH. Bent the tunnel on my sled (ricocheted the tail end off a much larger tree on the way into the 4" er), bent the handlebars, and shattered the windsheild, and ripped the seat, but we finished riding to the bar anyway. :drinkup:

The soil at my cabin is pretty much pure sand. Really slow growwing. I fertilized it once just for fun, and it needed to be cut about every 2 weeks. Without fert it is every 4-6 weeks average, and still not as tall or thick as 2 weeks fertilized.

Here's a pic of one of my buddies ridding by the river:

DSC00166.jpg