1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

it will take you 1.5hr. i'd charge $155 if flat..

it is not for sod, right? because you dont really have to roll sod....

if it's for just bumps, can you make a hitch or attachment on your mower? then it'd be a lot less.
  2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

you can buy a roller for $99. Just buy one. I usually dont roll lawns, I only roll lawns when I put new sod down. But when I do, it only costs $8 to rent.
  3. alternative

alternative LawnSite Senior Member

DOUBT one of those cheap plastic rollers would do what he is " most likely" looking to do. If he's going to try and flatten an existing "bumpy" grade on 1/3 of and acre, he needs the steamroller style, one that you ride on. I know a guy who does tons of lawn rolling. --or at least he used to.
  4. DRLawnInc

DRLawnInc LawnSite Member

First of all you best bet is to roll it in very early spring just after the frost is out of the ground or after a s*hit load of rain. I have a 48" one that I tow behind my Z and I charge $60 hr, because of the wear-n-tear and because you have a go sooooo slow unlike cutting and two different directions.
  5. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

ohhhhh - looks like a good one tonight on Channel 2 Problem Solvers!!! They're gonna crucify another snow plow contractor - looks like someone who is hooked in to Kwame and the city of Detroit..... I'll be watching.
  6. keith_480231

keith_480231 LawnSite Member

Tonight at 10:00 pm??? I'll be there!!! Just look Smut TV!!!
  7. keith_480231

keith_480231 LawnSite Member

How is it going Jason? Ready for that long "grey" season yet?
  8. alternative

alternative LawnSite Senior Member

RIZZO is gettin some serious negative publicity. WHOA - I am gonna team up with a minority group for my corp. What a SCAM! Guess you just gotta know the loopholes.:usflag:
  9. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

The roller is 500lb and im charging $150 for the job. She was parking cars on her lawn for michigan games and it's torn up!!! I have too many fall cleanups anyway so I subbed it out to my buddy!
  10. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Keith - howzit goin'? Good I hope. RE: the Rizzo story on Channel 2 last night. That crap has been going on in Detroit for years. They teased it like it was going to be something different. My wife holds 51% of the shares in my company - qualifying us for minority owned status. But, then again she is an active owner too. Not like the shell corp that channel 2 was talking about.