Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Grass-Masters

Grass-Masters LawnSite Senior Member

Yea, I don't blame ya it looks like a real nice truck.

Hey what are some of you guys doing about this chrismas light thing, I just had a customer ask me if I could do his christmas lights for him. Should I charge by the foot, or the job. Should I include removal in this price. And should I use his lights or mine. I have seen alot of LCO's doing these lately. Any input would help. I see other post on this topic, but some local input would be great.

2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

From what ive heard, the going rate is $20-$25 per strand. Charge that for both install and removal. So its really 40-50 per strand.

3. NewImageLawn&Landscape

NewImageLawn&Landscape LawnSite Member

My buddy who does holiday lighting charges about $30/Strand. He gets his lights for $1.29/strand. After the holidays he cuts them off of everything. Uses them once.

4. grant087

grant087 LawnSite Member

how does he get them so cheap?

5. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Last year I bought some for like 99 cents a piece. They were left overs that were on clearance in Feburary or March. Maybe he waits till that time of year and then stocks up. Just a theory.

6. NewImageLawn&Landscape

NewImageLawn&Landscape LawnSite Member

I'll ask him what company he buys them from. I know its one of those deals where the more you buy the cheaper they get.

7. Grass-Masters

Grass-Masters LawnSite Senior Member

It looks like there is pretty good money in it, I will have to start researching buying some lights.

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I am just curious as to what kind of liability is involved here. Obviously, there is going to be some sort of risk here, anytime you're wiring up multiple strands of lights to a circuit(s) to be plugged in. Overloaded circuits and/or cords? Buildup of heat? That would be the LAST thing I would want to be responsible for,...someone's house going up 2 days before Christmas (or after)....especially when there are lives in the balance. You put things like this up, and you are w i d e open to litigation.

9. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys i had a Redmax EB8000 stolen from me today at the 10 mile and Ryan area, If any of you guys ever see one at a pawn shop or if anyone tries to sell on to you on the road while your working please let me know. Brand new blower, 2 weeks old not a scratch on it. stolen right off my trailer. I'm so bummed i really shouldn't be cause guys are getting the whole rigs stolen from them. Just now i know what it feels like, so if any of you guys see a Redmax 8000 in an unusual area or someone tries to sell you one please let me know my phone number is 586 219 1133, thanks guys.

Chris

10. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

go to 6 or 7 and vandyke, you might see it there