Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Summertime Lawn

Summertime Lawn LawnSite Member

Come on share your collection secrets. Don't hold back on us.
  2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone been to Grand Rapids for the GLTE yet?? I'll be there tomorrow.
  3. brian12281

brian12281 LawnSite Member

anyone hear the new tax proposal. possibly we will have to start charging state tax on lawn service??
  4. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

I heard Drew and Mike talking about that this morning. What a paperwork nightmare that'll be! I may get a a hold of my representatives on this one. I don't think I've ever done that. I hope, too, that MGIA, and other associations are lobbying against this in our interests. I heard that golf would be included as a taxable item, so maybe GAM will lobby as well.
  5. brian12281

brian12281 LawnSite Member

yeah the fiance told me about golf courses but i missed D&M this morning and caught the tail end of the news and saw the list of effected business but cant seem to find anymore info on this
  6. suprman9019er

suprman9019er LawnSite Member

When are you guys going to start passing out flyers for lawn mowing and clean-ups? Just curious
  7. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

did you guys see your favorite rival get spanked up and down the field last night?

They looked like wet rags after a good scrubbing. they sure played like it.

that should quiet down the critics and the backers of the famous Big 10. ha-ha

82 yards of total offense. what a joke.
  8. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

Whats the nightmare? All of my accounts are already invoiced through QuickBooks, just add a line for Tax, and probably a quarterly filing with the state. It might be a little extra work, but by no means would I call it a nightmare. And look at the positive side, find your local scrub not charging tax, and report him for tax evasion. You want to talk about cleaning up this industry? I'm sure the state would follow up on leads that are costing them money to ignore.

9. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 LawnSite Senior Member

You would have to apply for state sales tax #, and send it in to the state monthly, by the 20th I believe, and it better be there, like your witholding wages.
  10. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Kevin, thats a good point, I never thought of it like that. Maybe it could be a good thing we need afterall, besides the customers pay for it anyway.

Sharpcut, wouldnt that just be the same as my tax id #? and if so, thats easy as heck to get anyway. Not a big hassle.