Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. grant087

grant087 LawnSite Member

I got a guy pm me for more details if ur still interested

2. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

just increase it to $3.50, what's the big deal?

$.44 cents more won't kill anyone.

3. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

This is another point. The consumers, you and me, are going to take a hit not only from the 2%, but from the increase in overall cost that is going to take place to make up for the additonal administrative cost the 2% adds to the service company and the additional cost they add to the service to make it a "round" number.

Sure in the example above we are only talking about 44 cents. Not much and I'm sure we all can afford an extra 44 cents, but that is almost a 17% increase. That is a substantial amount IMO when you look at it like that.

4. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

absolutely, but i was talking about rounding it up to the nearest $1 or $10 if the item is expensive.

what has been said here is completely correct. hope they know what they are doing. How would we find out when it will come into effect? i dont watch the local news or read the local papers.

5. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

June 1st (if it gets approved)

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

We need to set up some sort of chart (I'm sure we'll see one soon) that willl have all the amounts on it with the 2% increase, that we will be able to cross reference and see what will need to be charged to add up to the even amount of dollars. (i.e. $1.96 = $2.00 even). This isn't the exact number,...but there is one. A $50 bill is now going to cost $51.00. So, to help cover administrative costs, I am thinking somewhere along the lines of upping it to the nearest 5 (or just under... depending on the amount).

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Incidentally, a friend of mine is looking to hire TWO full time applicators for this upcoming season. This is for the Flint area. Anyone interested, please let me know...either by PM or by reply on this thread. Thanks.

8. tuscanvalleylandscaping

tuscanvalleylandscaping LawnSite Member

The tax increase is a huge deal . I live on the indiana border this could kill me. You also have to think of all the services you pay for like truck and equipment repairs. I cant afford to raise prices any more but I can't afford to eat the cost either. it will end up costing us in the range of 5-9%. Plus if you don't have a sales tax licence you will be paying taxes on plant's mulch and all materials to sell a $100,000 in materials add 2000.00 extra in taxes which just made your sales tax 8%.

9. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Start writing or calling your state reps, fellas! This is a war!

10. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

I have not seen the proposed law, but that dont sound right? I dont think you could be subjected to the SALES tax & the SERVICE tax on the same item. It would have to be one or the other. 2% or 6%, not 8%.

Just be happy its not like Canada.. GST (Goods & SERVICES Tax) which is one rate, and much higher than 2%.

Kevin.