1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes. I am ready for a break over here :) I was happy we got to sleep though the night as the lake effect did not make it far enough inland.
  2. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

I mean it was kind of like when you dream your falling, only I was backing up and going forward...... scarry....
  3. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Just like when I drive to the in-laws in Sheveport, LA. After 19 hours of driving straight through I get there and sleep. But its like I am still driving. Just wierd.

Told the wife this year no more straight through driving. Ill park the RV at a mall. Her and the kids can shop while I sleep a few hours!!!
  4. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Its funny you mention that. Sometimes when I get back from plowing and go to bed, I swear I can still hear the un-mistakable sound of the plow scraping against the pavement and the hum of the strobe light running. :dizzy:
  5. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Holy crap, I thought I was messed up, the same thing happened to me, almost like rocking back and fourth, you know what I mean. I told my brother and GF and they thought I was nuts, but I guess that was already determined a while ago, lol.
  6. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

One time I was awoken by the local high school marching band at 6am in October (I was normally getting up @ 8am at that time, and getting to bed around 12-1am). I was rather irritiated as this was the 3rd morning in a row in which they started playing at 6am and woke me up. Mind you I live 1/2 mile from the school, in a regular residential subdivision, with MANY houses in between me and the school, and it sounded like they were in my backyard playing. So I finally get fed up, get in my truck, and drive down there to express my irritation and tell the instructor to knock it off (not exactly the words I used.... but the point was the same). Well, it half worked, they stopped playing at 6am, but when I got home and tried to go back to sleep, all I could hear was drums and wind instruments in my head... I thought I was losing it. I know they werent physically playing anymore, but the sound was still there. It was nuts.

I thought that was the end of the story... but a little over a month later.. they filed police charges against me for reckless driving (I drove my truck near the students... not at them, just near them, as the parking lot was under construction and closed at the time), disturbing the peace (?!?!?!? apparently because I used strong language in front of minors (not at them, I directed all of my comments to the instructor)... not that a marching band was not disturbing or nothing though...), and tresspassing (yes... on public school grounds in which I am a tax paying resident, and an alumni of the high school). I had to get an attorney because of it ! I ended up getting a plea bargain of tresspassing, with all other charges dismissed. No fines or costs other than the attorney fees. Moral: next time I go to yell at somebody at 6am.. Im taking my moped and not my truck so they cant write my plate # down. :nono:

7. alternative

alternative LawnSite Senior Member

I think that is called vertigo, and i get that after every long snow event. Sometimes get it after boating for a long time too..
  8. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Does anyone know the requirements for a chauffers and cdl license? Besides passing the test?
  9. amw

amw LawnSite Senior Member

10. grant087

grant087 LawnSite Member

i believe u need to have a medical card for the cdl and the shauffers sometimes, the chauffers test is 15 qs and i dont believe there where any requirements, if u go to the secretary of state they will give u the information on both