1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

Well, there's the whole financing thing, too. 0% or x number of months with no payments, or a combination of the above. I don't disagree new equip. can be and usually is the better investment long term. But I stand behind what I said about finding gems though. They're out there if you're patient. Sometimes 1/2 off a 1-2 year old mower is worth something, too. To each his own.
  2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I see what your trying to say. However, if its used it used, so it won't have a warrenty. Buying something used off ebay is no differant than buying something used out of a classified add in the paper when it comes to the warrenty.

I've bought three mowers plus a westen snowplow all off ebay and each deal has worked out great.
  3. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

I have bought and sold a ton of stuff on Ebay. It's a great tool for us. We've been able to rotate the stock - getting rid of equipment we no longer need/want very quickly and easily and also picking up great used stuff at good prices.
    BTW - we've also been able to get some great deals on fixer-uppers that we've repaired and either kept or re-sold.
  4. brian12281

brian12281 LawnSite Member

While were on the subject of selling/buying stuff, I know this is not the for sale forum but i am trying to sell local

i found a deal on a new truck and was interested in what i could get for my old one or if anyone was interested in it?

2000 F-350 dump, dually, pto system, flink under tailgated auger and spreader, fisher mm1 68,000 miles V-10. all new ball joints, had passenger and driver side manifold bolts re-done this summer cause the infamous factory studs rusting out. only real problem with the truck is the Y pipe has a slight exhaust leak and some rust on dump, cab is rust free and clean!. if anyones interested or has questions message me
  5. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

anyone know about applying organic fert in michigan. i thought there was an MI organics discussion at one point around here and i cant seem to find it. i also searched MDA and cant seem to find what im looking for, i have e-mailed them but waiting for response. i have heard that you can apply it commercially but i want to know myself firsthand. if anyone with verified info can PM me i would greatly appriciate it. or we can discuss it here whatever..thanks
  6. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

The law requiring GVW plates on commercial pick up trucks has changed. The prior law required trucks used for commercial purpose that weighed over 5000 pounds empty weight and pulled a trailer to have GVW plates. The new law raises the trucks empty weight to 8000 pounds before needing GVW plates. This would exclude about 90% of the guys here from needing them. I have enclosed a copy of the law.

Attached Files:

7. Metro Lawn

You can apply any fert organic or otherwise in Mich. without a license. You do however need a permit to apply any type of pesticide (weed control, insect control, fungicide, pre-emergent, ect.)
  8. terrapro

does this include corn gluten meal as a pre-emergent or would this still be covered under fertilizer. i have been using it over the last few years as a pre-emergent but was under the impression that the mich.gov considers it a fert no matter what.
  9. Metro Lawn

You may be ok with it, if it is classified as a fert. Check with the Dept. of Ag. to be sure.
  10. terrapro

thanks Metro and thanks for the heads up on the gvw law change also

edit: how will this law change effect the gov, i wonder why they did this?