Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

You guys really don't get much for snow over there do you?

I was hoping for no more snow this season :)

2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

so far one real push at 6 inchs. We had about 3, 1 inchers but nothing really to plow. Other than that just salt.

I just hope the weather makes up its mind. If its going to snow more, please let it snow. If its not going to snow, then let the warmer days begin so we can all get a jumpstart this spring.

3. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

im hoping for spring, ive giving up on this winter. i have a decent list of spring cleanups and organic fertilizing then mulch im ready to get started on. i need some real cash to start rolling in soon. ive been spending way to much time in the office.

spring! spring! spring! spring! spring!

4. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

You are asking 2 different questions here in the 2 different posts. As MStine315 suggested, if you ask the wrong question, you may get the wrong answer.

If you say: Do I need a license to apply organic fertilizer, they should of course answer no.

If you say: Do I need a license to apply corn gluten meal as a pre-emergent herbicide, most likely you will receive a answer that is different than that of the first question.

Im not trying to beat you up, or debate the effectiveness of organics, just trying to make sure you ask the right questions to get the right answers.

Kevin

5. terrapro

understood kevin. i was just teasing with the organics comment towards runner. no hard feelings here. what i asked the MDA was strictly concerning organic fertilizer with nothing mentioned about the CGM, but i did email them again about the CGM. i will let everyone know what the response is when i get it.

is anyone planing on attending any seminars in the next month. i am signed up for 2 so far, i will be attending the "livingston county farmers day" in howell on the 6th of march and hopefully i will be going to the "plant health care for landscape managers" in novi on the 15th of march. even though ive been doing this for 7+ years now i hope to learn something new and get a couple bubble sheets in also!

6. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea...Let the 50's and 60's in. I need to start working to fulfill my list of wants by the end of this season...

7. Armstrong

Armstrong LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I like the sun, but I hate dry season.

8. terrapro

so this is my response from the state concerning the sales tax license category.:confused:

"Thank you for contacting the Michigan Department of Treasury.

Here is the closet business category & business type that I can find
    for the type of work you are doing.

Business Category - Retail Trade

Business Type - Lawn & Garden Supply Stores"
    :hammerhead: :dizzy: :laugh: :waving:

9. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

Five Star - Flyer distribution = Stanley's Distribution (I think they're in Detroit - dowtown area).

Anyone have a 60 inch Lazer for sale? I know someone in the Flint area who is looking for one (actually he'll look at 52" inch and bigger). PM me if you know of one and I'll hook the two of you up.

BTW -I've got (3) 48" walkbehinds for sale, some rototillers and other misc stuff - anyone interested?

10. terrapro

pm'd ya jason