Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Eastside Eric

Eastside Eric LawnSite Member

JP - If everyone would do this instead of lowball we all could benefit, STILL BE COMPETETIVE and gain a little more RESPECT. Anyone on the eastside remember the comment that made it into the G.p. News about the "Lawn Rats", and that was the Chief of police in G.P. Farms.
    14 customers from 1988 still being serviced by Greenlawn Pro,Inc. (Just lost 2 from death).

2. Eastside Eric

Eastside Eric LawnSite Member

Oh, by the way, how much do you get for cutting that hall I saw you at on Harper one day. Thats about what 8x25

3. DeWitt Lawncare

DeWitt Lawncare LawnSite Member

I'd really like to sell this week. $3600 firm. This is in excellent cond.

4. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

could not agree more with this post....in this industry unless you our one of the big guns with a well known name then you get treated like a dirt bag...

one reason for this is the statement...lawn care starting at $XX.XX....(Metro i have nothing aganst you so please dont take this being directed directly at you B/C its not) So the customer calls thinking there going to get a great deal on lawn care only to find out that opps...whipping is an extra $2....and o yeah edging that will also be an extra $2...dont forget we have to blow off the clipping that will be another $2...or we could just leave them there.
    Then the customer still signs knowing its still lower than industry standard but has a dirty taste in there mouth from being misslead from there ad...

It would be like the gas station putting up a sign outside saying $1.60 for gas and you waiting in line for an hour the whole time thinking....crap im going to get a crazy deal....and you get to the pump and that $1.60 price is for 2/3 of a gallon...well you do the math and its still 10 cents cheaper than nextdoor so you get it anyways but your still pissed.

this practice is just not how i would want to run my business...i would feel like a donkey everytime i had to explain to a potential client than its all just a marketing scheme to draw in more customer

another instance is the mortage industry...they advertise such a low rate and you never end up getting the advertised rate its always higher and you feel like you dont know if its a fair rate or there just trying to take you for a fast one....i feel so dirty and just nasty after that

i wouldnt be able to do it

5. alternative

alternative LawnSite Senior Member

If you have been established for 20 yrs and do quality work and know how to sell yourself/services, you dont need to lowball anything. I tell the customer- you get what you pay for.

6. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I am new to all this but it IS all about up-selling. The gym I just joined advertises 19.99 a month. When you go there to sign up you learn that is for 3 days a week, you pick the days..blah,blah blah. That was fine with me. Of course I went with the 39.99 a month, 7 days, free on site daycare. So stating a low price to get the call is good as long as you can stick to it if all they want is the min.

7. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

so i just signed up my GL insurance with Ivey & Brown Inc in hartland. i have 1mil per occurance and a 2mil aggregate for bodily injury and prop damage. i just cut the check for $257 for a year. i dont know what you guys have but this is good for me

8. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

How about post # 5168 ?

Kevin

9. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

what about it? it had a picture of a flyer. here it is.

10. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

I meant because the page # could vary, I gave the post#, which should be the same regardless of your settings.