Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Red cedar mulch. There are 3 main places in Lansing and all are within $1 of each other.

Anyone have any picures?

2. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

I am surprised prices seem to be a little higher in your area or maybe they are just a little lower in my area :)

3. d&rlawncare

Ill have to see if I can get a bulk discount for the 32 yards. After doing further research my 55 a yard installed sees way o low. more like 80 min?

4. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

not really, but i need to vent i'm so far behind now with the snow we got last week its killing me i was all set to go for aerations on thursday of last week and then it snowed, and since then its been to cold or snowy to work so tommrow will be my first day i can work. plus i have 2 mulch jobs i need to do one is large and a big deal and the other will just take an hour or two. and to top it off i'm still in school full time and i work a part time job at mark's outdoor power equipment in northville on monday and wensdays. its just so stres full, then my shop is all torn apart from getting all the mowers tuned up ect ect. and i still need to paint the trailer and finish my ztr. uggg o well just need to vent i know alot of u guys are also in the same boat as i am. any way hope every has a good season.
    alex

5. d&rlawncare

Between the weather and people wanting dirt cheap work its been frustrating. How big is your big mulch job and what do you charge per yard installed?

6. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

Around here, some guys are charging $100/yard for premium bark. I don't know how they get it. $65-$70/yard for premium bark seems to be the average rates in this area.

7. d&rlawncare

thanks for the help.

8. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

D&R. I do a lot of mulch. My cost is also $30/yard for the cedar, and its 28/yard for dyed. I charge anywhere from $70-85/yard delivered and installed depending on the size of the job. For a 30 yard job I would personally charge $70-75/yard depending on what you think you can get.

9. d&rlawncare

Thanks. You guys have helped a lot. Ill let you know if I get it or not.

10. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

My prices for mulch are about the same as bigjeeping's.