Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

so i dont know about you guys but i woke up at 6am ready to go to work. i look outside and theres a fresh layer of snow!!!

im getting sick of this shiat, and tonight they say we might get another 1-2 inches aahhhhh

oh yeah, i charge $65+delivery for mulch

2. alternative

alternative LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone on the eastside need a place to park? PM if so.

3. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

I went to pick up a load of mulch at 8am today and it was frozen together and chunky

4. brian12281

brian12281 LawnSite Member

looking for a sub for two locations one across from Palace on Lapeer road decent size and the other on Dixie Hwy and i believe its Scott lake rd. pm me for more info and details

5. brian12281

brian12281 LawnSite Member

I've never really have had to sub out work but these are just a little too far out of my route so if someone can help me understand how this works that sub's out their work for example do i pay the sub out per hour or what they would charge for the job?

6. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Agree on a price.

7. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

I know ive seen him on a fourm, but dont remember which. Is there a company named A-1 out in ann arbor on here? If so, one of your previous employees contacted me about a job. PM me if you see this.

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

There used to be an A1 here in Flint (about a mile away from me) but that was a LONG time ago....about 20 years ago.

9. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

If you pay him per hour he's not a sub he's an employee. Sub's must be paid per job to be subs.

10. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

thats not entirely true....as long as he works without your supervision, is his own business entity, and carrys his own business insurance.......you can pay him an hourly rate...but you will just cut him a check for the ammount of hours he has worked

if he is subing for you make sure he has workers comp or else at the year end audit you will have to pay your workers comp whatever you paid him