Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

hey guys i'm selling my 52" bob-cat ztr, 19hp kawi with 490hours, must sell asking $4,000 let me know if anyone is intrested.
  2. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

i just realized that i said that i am looking for a "sub".

i will be just helping the owner pick a company that will cut his grass, i don't want to sub it out. he will pay you directly.

let me know. again, it is just west of woodward and E long lake.
  3. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Give me a call 517-648-4894 when you have some free time. thanks. Dave
  4. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

hey guys i still have my mower for sale and i need to sell it. asking $4000 for it make me an offer.
  5. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

getting pretty dry over here :angry:
  6. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Its dry here too. Havn't had any rain in almost two weeks. The last couple of days they have really started turning brown. I'm not too worried about it yet though, as there is rain in the forcast for Monday night into Tuesday. If we don't get rain then though, its not going to be pretty.
  7. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

i wouldnt mind another week of hot and dry. the mosquitos are terrible this year, we still have some extra wet spots here in livingston county that need to dry up. i guess it doesnt help that the whole county is basically a swamp!
  8. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

What do you guys do when it gets dry,call customers to see if they want service or what. I already had 1 or 2 last week that probably didnt need mowed and did it anyway.This is my first year in the buisness and it blows my mind how quickly the conditions have changed.From grass so thick its a pain in the ass to dry and crispy.:angry: :angry:
  9. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

Unless they call, keep mowing. Make your money. If the lawn is so dry that you leave it looking worse than it was, then you know you should have skipped it. I skip lawns as needed, at my discretion.
  10. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

Today I went out to cut some of my lawns. I cut the first 2 and everything was fine,and then I went to the third one wich is a vacant property having work done to it.A older fella steps out when I begin to mow and asks does the lawn really need mowed.This caught me off guard because the house is vacant and I didnt realize anyone was there. I told him that I was on a busy scedual and if I didnt do it now it would have to wait another week and with the rain it might get pretty long.Well he just stood there looking at me so I told him I would be back next week.To be honest I was pissed off:angry: .Do any of you guys have a charge to retain service like $10 or $15 during dry weeks.I am thinking of having one.And also sending a memo telling the customer if they dontcall in advance to tell you to skip that week they would have to pay regardless.What do you guys think?