Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by tiedeman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. hotrod1965

hotrod1965 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys,
    We are gearing up for the holiday season. I own a hoiday lighting company and we will pay for referels. We will pay 5% of the total sale. If you give more than 10, we will pay 10% from the 10th one on.
    Visit www.holidaylightexpress.com for more info. Or call 734-619-1201

2. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

hey hotrod, I've allways been a big christmas lighting person and have done a few small installs for one or two of my negibors but have allways wanted to learn how to do the bigger jobs, rooflines, taller trees, and not over loading the circuts:rolleyes: anyway would you be interested in possibly showing me the ropes? as long as i'm learning how stuff is done i woudn't have a problem working for free. if your interested give me a yell 248-895-4684
    alex

3. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone looking for an Exmark UltraVac System for the Fall? I've got an extra one - first $$900 takes it. PM me if you're interested.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Is it a full size? I have a TriVantage deck.

5. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks Granholm and our legislature. They just passed the 6% tax on services (including landscaping)..... as if making a proit in this business hasn't already become tough enough. Recall the whole lot of them!

6. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

We just became tax collectors for the Gov. For those of you that have been at this for some years; besides charging the tax how is it going to effect us? I know its a broad question.

7. hotrod1965

more paper work! I'm assuming we need to get sales tax permits, then you have to file 1 to 4 times a year depending on how much you make....

8. keith_480231

keith_480231 LawnSite Member

The azzes up in Lansing are sitting pretty now eh? Even Kwamee is laughing!

9. ExcaliburLawnCare

ExcaliburLawnCare LawnSite Member
    from MI

So...is it on landscaping or lawn care. When it is collected, is it sent in at the end of the year with the rest of my forms or monthly? WTF? I should not have to become an EFFN tax collector for this wench. A bunch of slack jawed yokels stood their ground for a tea tax but now everyone is so complacent..it's yes sir ok sir here is your money sir, let me grab my ankles sir. Some progress we have made since the tea party. WUSSES

10. hotrod1965

Any service!!! Any time you are paid to do something for some one...6%
    They will have forms to add to your tax return..