Michigan LCOs

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by mtdman, Jan 13, 2004.

1. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I was listening to the news today and they mentioned that the State has proposed expanding sales tax to include certain services now. For the next budget year. Anyone hear anything about this, and are they including lawn care too?

2. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

yes, I heard that also. Nothing concrete, as of yet. Someone needs to slap Granholm's hand and tell her to keep it out of our pocket.
  3. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

haven't heard anything yet. do you guys add sales tax when billing?
  4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

We don't have sales tax on lawn care in this state, yet. Most services aren't sales taxed. Anything you sell retain must be taxed, but I don't have that. But this new proposal might change that. I dunno.

Granholm is over her wart faced head as governor. She was a fine attorney general, but she's drowning in the state debt. And her proposed fixes aren't real smart, as of yet.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have to agree MTD, she is moving too quick too fast on trying to cut the buget. She is actually hurting the economy of Michigan by cutting jobs, school and state funding. She had a good idea, but she is moving too fast.

I think that there would be an uproar if they ever tried to tax services. It's bad enough that we usually have the 3rd or 4th highest gas prices in the Nation.