Michigan LCO's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mastercare, Feb 25, 2005.

1. mastercare

mastercare LawnSite Senior Member

For those of you in Michigan, I'd like your opinion on somehing:

In addition to owning an LCO I also have another job in the service industry. Our office was considering placing an ad in one of the green indstry publications. So, this is my research to see what people actually read:

What publicatoins do you recieve?

which ones do you actually open?

Do you read articles only, ads only, or both of them?

Which one is your favorite?

Just trying to get an idea of what the most effective advertising tool would be for those here in Michigan.

Any and all input is greatly appreciated, and I thank you in advance.
  2. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I never read any of the ads in the mags I get. Industry related or otherwise.
  3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I enjoy looking through Turf Magazine.
  4. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I get Turf Magazine and Lawn and Landscape. I read the articles and look for new products in them.
  5. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

Juggs - no, I just look at the pictures.

Oh whoops . My wife might read this. Ummmm Turf. The articles are great.
  6. green with envy

green with envy LawnSite Member

Turf, Erosion Control, Landscape &Irrigation but I think my favorite is PRO.

Iread the articles and look at most of the ads. " my wife hates that"

What type of Service industry?

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I don't read the classified ads in the back, you know, the really small ones.

Back I get Lawn & Landscape (my fav), Turf, Grounds Maintenance, Pro, Tree Service, Irrigation & Green Industry, and some other few. My favorite ones are L&L, Pro, and Turf
  8. mastercare

mastercare LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you all for the replies, and keep them coming. In my other life I'm a financial advisor. I offer health insurance, life insurance, retirement planning, tax planning, and business succession services. Becuase I also work in the green industry, its a natural niche for me to specialize my services towards others in the green industry.

I am currently licensed in michigan, but welcome any questions that ya'll may have. I'd be happy to help you out with personal or business needs you may have.