Michigan Mowers? CVS

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by FiremanMike, Aug 28, 2003.

1. FiremanMike

FiremanMike LawnSite Member

Just wondering how many Michigan mowers we have around. I am in Grand Rapids. Just heard about a guy who is bidding ALL of the CVS pharmacies in the state. One of my firefighter friends gave him my contact information for this part of Grand Rapids. Keep an eye out and maybe you can sub for him too if he wins the bid. Of course, my buddy didn't get any info from him...so if you're out there......give me a call.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Nothing but a mess. The best thing you could do from everything I've heard - esPECially here in Michigan, is run the other way. Here is an example. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=31860&highlight=CVS

Have you ever looked at these places? We call it "The Rite-Aid mentality". Spend $10,000 on landscape stock and grass, then let it go to waste in each manager's idea to "save a few bucks". These places are a waste of time. They all look the way they do for a reason... because they're not willing to get up off any money. Personally, I wouldn't go in and mow a weedpatch like these in such a high traffic area. It's not even worth the liability.

3. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

I have done CVS stores before and the 8 stores i had paided very well 1 of the stores i had paid 6000.00 for 35 trips per year cut clean parking lot of paper 4 apps per year weed and feed. keep beds free of weeds.

4. goodgreen

goodgreen LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not far away - have been in business for over 5 years on the Lake Michigan shoreline...

5. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

If your looking for an application company, I'll bid a wide area in SE MI.

6. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

50 mile north of ya. :D

7. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

just so you know. this thread is from 2003

8. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

ha, caught me! :p I never looked at the date, just found it in the post and responded. I don't think fireman mike is even around anymore. :D
    oh well, Increases my post count.

9. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

lol. figured I'd point it out. Take it easy.

10. FiremanMike

FiremanMike LawnSite Member

I'm still around :cool: