Michigan Rain Downpour!!! It Sucks!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedWingsDet, May 21, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Well i was in school, 10minutes from school getting out and i was getting geeked to go cut the lawns that i missed yesterday (about 11). and all the sudden it gets DARK like pitch BLACK!!! then the tornado sierns went off, and they held us 30min after school. i was pist and still am, cause now my schedule is messed up.

i was sopossed to cut like 15lawns today, but obvisouly i cant. and tommarow i have a landscape job so like my whole schedule is fu#ked up now. i think tomamrow im gonna have 2 crews, 3 guys cutting and 3 working at the landscape job. but i might sub the landscape job out tommarow, but i prolly wont be able to cause they will be busy catching up on the lawns i missed today! :( ah well, ill see :) wish me luck and let this rain hurry up

2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

i am a 'lil north of you and i only got behind 6 jobs today...All in my neighborhood, and will take maybe 2 hours tomorrow. If only the storms would have held off until 4.

Trevor

3. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

if i didnt have school i woulda been done. and the funny thing is that my mom said i can stay home today if i want, but i didnt want to i decided to go to school... now i wish i woulda stayed home so i could have cut the 15+ lawns. but ah well, i guess its part of the business.

4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I was out in it, mowing away. One minute it was a little cloudy. Next minute the sky was green. The next minute it was dark as night and I was sprinting for the truck. The customer whose house I was at insisted I came inside. It certainly looked like a Tornado was coming. My schedule too is screwed. After the rain last night and today, I'm sure there will be standing water and plenty of muddy lawns.

:D

5. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

hey mtdman i heard on radio you had 95 mph winds up your way,Ann Arbor getting beat up last 24 hrs...

6. mtdman

I think I must have been in the basement for those winds. I did have a bunch of small branches and leaves in the back of my truck. But the sky sure as hell turned wicked at first. When I saw the green sky turn pitch black, it was time to go.

I guess last night there were tornados around town. We just got a bunch of rain.

7. Trevors Lawn Care

were any of the michigan guys effected by the tornados around town? Today all we it started pouring and 10 minutes later i was driving through 2 feet of water on M-24. Cars were stalling in the deep water.> GOTTA LOVE THE TRUCK.

Trevor

8. mtdman

I ran through a hidden puddle at the 23 and 94 interchange, and it freaked me out. My breaks stopped working at first and I couldn't see where I was going. Thought for sure I was going to bite it.

:D

9. Trevors Lawn Care

luckily i had dropped off the trailer by the time i was tredging through the local lakes.

Trevor

10. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

What do you guys do if you don't finish all your lawns by sat or sun? Do you mow them monday, then purposely mow the next saturday to even it out? I'm not sure if my customers would be happy with me missing a whole mowing, but on the other hand, they kind of have to understand that I don't control mother nature.