Michigan Style

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smarino21, Feb 4, 2006.

1. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

i live in southeast michigan its my 2nd yrea in business i was wondering when you really start cutting or when to advertise for the lawns because if its still cold out people dont care about it yet ///?[/FONT][/FONT]

2. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Cut when grass needs to be cut. Advertise when YOU think you need to advertise. Be it March or October. Think about it this way - 2 nd in business - when do you blow snow??????

3. Joey bag a' donuts

Joey bag a' donuts LawnSite Member

Whats up Smarino, Im from macomb, 21 and romeo plank...well, used to be when i was growing up.

To answer your question my newspaper add goes back in this month, you'd be surprised how early typically older people like to set up their lawn service. I got a call 2 weeks ago from an older guy for lawn servicing.

Now is the time to start advertising, really hit it hard in march, and as far as when I start mowing its usually around early to mid april.

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Do it year round.

5. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I would start around the first of year for the next season. Don't think people are very interested before the holidays except existing accounts.:)

6. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I agree...

7. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

It just depends on were you live I guess. It's pointless in the area because people don't have much money.

8. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm going to start advertising heavy beginning of march. Usually start cutting about the second week in april +/-

9. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

last year started cutting May 1st, guess I was a little late!

10. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

No, You were'nt late, Spring was a little late.