Lawn Care Forum banner

Michigan Supension Seat ???

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  JTF40 
#1 ·
We are looking to upgrade our Turf Tiger Seats to these supension seats. Just wondering if anybody has had any experience with these seats that are marketed by www.northerntool.com part # 17566. Michigan seat # V-5300. Northern Tool shows that seat ships without any mounting hardware ??? :dizzy:To anybody that has used these seats, was there a problem mounting ??? Is there a better seat out there ? Thanks in advance.:usflag:

#4 ·
$ 319.00 and it's Dark Gray in color.:usflag:

#6 ·
The Michigan seat at Northern tool is identical to the Scag version (except seat cover, color, etc) The bolt holes will line up though you may have to play with it (I did on the Northern version and the original version). The seat looks grey on the website buy believe me it is black when you get it and that's the reason I sent it back. Other than the color it was fine.

It is important to realize when you buy this seat from Exmark and Scag you get the shut off adaptor wires (shuts the engine off when you get off the seat) and stop plates to keep the seat from going too far forward or back ward. On the Exmark I was able to slide the seat back till it hit the engine with out the stop plates so you could tear the seat up bouncing up and down against the engine if you were not careful. So there are a few extra items that you get with the factory seat but the Northern seat will work fine if you like black (believe me it is black and doesn't look like the picture on the website).

$319 is a good deal if you like the color.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.