Michigan V-5300 seat on the way

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by lotsagrass, Apr 19, 2010.

1. lotsagrass

lotsagrass LawnSite Senior Member

For my eXmark Lazer Z. The factory seat is beating me to death on my bumpy yard. I can't wait to get the new seat and install it. It's back-ordered though so it may take me a week or possibly two to get it. I'll post pictures of it installed once I get it :)

2. lotsagrass

Crap....it's on back-order until about May 3. Bummer. That sucks. Can't find it anywhere else for sale. Guess I have to wait. In the meantime though, a new Frontier RC2072 rotary cutter for the tractor will be here next week so I'll be a field mowing fool next week for sure! :laugh:

3. avguy

avguy LawnSite Senior Member

Lol.....maybe you should just fix the yard :laugh:

Is that a JD 2520 in your sig?

4. lotsagrass

It's a 4120.

5. avguy

Very nice. I hope the seat on that is better than the one they put on the 2305's. I get beat to death if I try to go faster than 2 mph cutting the lawn. That will be remedied though in about a month when I renovate.

6. lotsagrass

The seat on the 4120 is great. Adjustable for your weight and so on. It's the seat on my eXmark that I need replaced. That's what the new Michigan seat is for.

7. avguy

I realize that. I laughed when I read your post because I've been fighting my own bumpy lawn ever since we moved here 4 yrs ago. The first thing I did was see if JD made a suspension seat or something for the 2305 which they don't. It was then I realized I was going to have to do a total renovation to smooth things out rather than just kill off the existing lawn/weeds & just slit seed it.

8. lotsagrass

STILL waiting on the seat - still shows backordered. I can't find anyone else that sells them other than Northern Tool either :(

9. drumz2129

drumz2129 LawnSite Member

I would like to know how it works out for you. I bought a Lazer Z a few weeks ago and my yard is not the smoothest either. Have you checked with your eXmark dealer for a suspension seat? Mine quoted me 300 for the suspension seat or 150 for the suspension plate to go under the current seat.

10. lotsagrass

I haven't checked with my local dealer, but maybe I should. I heard other people saying they were being quoted nearly $500 for the same seat from the dealer.