Micro Mulch System

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by trulinelandscaping, Feb 23, 2005.

1. trulinelandscaping

trulinelandscaping LawnSite Member

Would like someones feedback in the Northwest or close to on these mulching systems for these lawnmowers or similar units. DO they really work or do they leave behind grass? Thanks for any input

Jarrett

2. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

Are you talking about the Exmark mulching system? I friend of mine used to be the outside sales rep at Stark street lawn and garden in Portland. He has a lot of knowledge as far as what works in that area and what does not.

3. trulinelandscaping

trulinelandscaping LawnSite Member

Yes for the exmark. Are they worth it around here? The commercial spots will be mowed once a week. I would asume you could do this and not get any left over grass that would turn brown for the customer to see. Plus would be good for natural fertilization. Thanks for the input

4. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I mulched all season with my 36 tthp, if you have control of the fertilizer programs you should not have a problem

5. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

Well, finally someone in the same city that I'm in.

You can look at mulching mowers all you want but you're still only going to be able to use them a couple months of the year. Look around, see anyone else exclusively mulching besides schools and parks?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to not have to bag but it's just a sad fact of life in our neck of the woods. Perhaps eventually, when the enviromental crazies out there finally get their way and have every known lawn chemical/fertilizer banned, then MAYBE we can convince our clients of the benefits of mulching and forgive the occasional clump of grass clippings on their lawn.

6. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

I am tired of bagging myself! I get sick of unloading grass everynight! I wish I could mulch!