Micro Mulch, Wasted $$$ ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Old 5 LawnCare, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Old 5 LawnCare

Old 5 LawnCare LawnSite Member

Well, my last post didnt go verry far befor the subject got changed, so I'll try this one!

As, I mentioned I will be purchasing a 52" TT in a couple of weeks, My question is: Those of you that are set up for mulching, Do you use the micro mulch system? Is it worth the extra cash?

2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I have one for my 36" exmark. For the most part, it works very well.
    I do sometimes have problems with missed blades of grass, but it isn't a big problem.
    I don't use it the entire season. Doesn't do well in tall grass.

3. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

You're buying a $5000 plus mower. The mulch kit is what, $150? Certainly worth trying.

Mine works great on my 48" Exmark and 32" Toro (exmark fixed deck on this one)

I no longer have to bag any Bermuda lawns here. I'd have paid $1000 for the kit for that.

4. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

heck no the micro mulch kit works awsome. use it early spring take it off when the heavy thick spring growth starts. then put it back on early summer till fall. buy the kit you will not be sorry:)

5. GREEN DRAGON LM

GREEN DRAGON LM LawnSite Member

I love mine. 60 inch, 27 kol, exmark

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I cut all warm season grasses with mulch kits on all exmarks. They are the best money I spent.

7. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the mulching kits, and I don't use them in the spring, with the growth like it is, but summer and fall there is no match.