1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Microsoft Office question

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by JayD, Dec 7, 2007.

1. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

*trucewhiteflag*Do most of you have / use Microsoft Office Small Business ?
    Back when I got my computer, it came with edition 2003. I have things like logo for truck up/down loaded in there and now that I would like to proceed with having them made, it wont let me take it out / email it without buying another package. The up grade package is $279. Is this really the only way around this to get my info sent out to someone?
    Thanks, Jay
  2. JayD

Does anyone know why my post says MOVED, and why it just has lines______ -------- on number of veiws
  3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

it was probably moved to the business section by the moderator. I have office but dont use it alot. I know there is something called a office veiwer that you can get to open files with, but not change them. Not much help, but I just use it to sync with my phone and have files on my phone.
  4. JayD

OK, thanks Scott
  5. Doug1966

Doug1966 LawnSite Member

JayD what you are saying to me really doesn't make much sense at this point. what program was used to create the logo? what is the extension of the file? .bmp, .jpg, .pub?
  6. JayD

Sorry Doug,
    When it comes to computers, I'm not very smart. LOL.
    Let me check on it and see if I can get more info.
    What I can tell you now is, a while back I had a company make me a logo and when they were done, they sent it to me and I had to upload/download it to my computer. I thought it was a done deal. What I did not know was that the Microsoft software that came with my computer was only a six month trial and had sense expired. When I would try to email the files to some one to have logo put into print, it wont let me, telling me that I have to buy a new up date version for $279.
    Had I known all that, I could have put it on a CD maybe.
    But I will look some more and get back to you. I hope this has made some sense.
    Thanks, Jay
  7. JayD

OK, I found type of file.....It is JPEG, but I think that I am going to have to buy the software to be able to get it out to send to some one.
    What do you think?
  8. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

you won't have to buy anything if its jpeg. Just find out where its located on your computer. You can do a file search if you know the name of it. Click on your start button, then find the search and type in the name of the file.
    Once it pops up in your search window, use your mouse and drag it to your desktop while holding down the right button on your mouse. it will give you the option of copy, move, etc. MOVE it there so you have the original, not a copy.
  9. Doug1966

Doug1966 LawnSite Member

Exactly. If it's a jpeg, it really has NOTHING to do with MS Office. You do NOT need to buy anything.

But the thing is, to edit the logo, you might need a program, and the original source file that created the jpeg. Jpeg is an output rather than a source.

If you want to email it to someone, start an email, and then add an attachment to the email, and browse for the file.

What email program do you use?
  10. JayD

It took some time, but I think I got it done.
    email is done with yahoo