1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Microsoft Programs

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Josh18, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Josh18

Josh18 LawnSite Member
    from AL

I have learned alot this year about the lawn care business especially from this forum. I have been looking at how I could leave invoices for my customers. Today, as I searched lawnsite, I found that Microsoft Excel has Invoice templates! I had no idea that that was on this program. I don't know alot about computers, so my question is this. Are there any other features using Microsoft Office (word, excel, powerpoint) That you use to make running your business easier? Just trying to find out if I am missing out on anything else. I sure wish I would have known about this at the beginning of the season.
  2. Black95gt

Black95gt LawnSite Member

i use microsoft publisher to do my business cards and flyers. I also use Excel to do a spreadsheet for each customer and i fill in the date and time spent at that property. It makes it easy to figure out if your making or losing money as well. Then i use Word to do all my document templates, such as Letters of Intent, Referals and letters of appreciation, and any other letters i might need to write. I also use Quickbooks Pro for billing, payroll and business expenses.
  3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Josh18,

Black95gt has a good point, you should be able to use your customer list to create and address all the flyers and mailings you need.