Microsoft Streets and Trips

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mrkosar, Feb 28, 2007.

1. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Do any of you guys use this? If so, what do you think? If not, what do you suggest using? Looking for something simple and cheap.

2. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Try http://maps.google.com/
    You can punch in an address and not only see where it is, you can see a satellite photo of it. I use it before going to do a quote to get a rough idea of the property.

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Mrkosar

I have had it on my Lap top for years now. I could be wrong but I believe it updates itself automatically.

You can set up routes and make changes to them very easy. The Routes will store and can be used over and over again. I also use it to find new address in the field fast and easy.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

So can we actually do our routing with this program? Will it add an address in, and tell us what route to add it to? I figured I could name each of the routes (approx. 20 of them), and save each one. I've ben looking for something to do this, but am not prepared to drop 3 grand fpr a program like Realgreen or Qxpress.

5. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

I use streets and trips w gps actually paid for itself finding short cuts cutting down travel time.

6. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Sorry, didnt know it was GPS stuff!

7. amtrucker22

amtrucker22 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I don't use streets and trips so do not know if it is good or not, but I did see that Woot has 2006 for sale with GPS for $50 shipped which would be a good deal. Here is the link: http://www.woot.com/ I buy from woot all of the time and they are great.

Paul

8. unior

unior LawnSite Member

I worked as a trucking dispatcher...and I always used Delorme Street Atlas

much much cheaper priced than microsoft...and i believe it is comparable or better

i prefer the interface

streets and trips + GPS unit is only $100

9. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

Its sold out at woots:confused:

10. Chadman

Chadman LawnSite Member

I have had Microsoft Streets and Trips for awhile, and love it for looking up addresses. I haven't tried the google maps, but will try it. But Street and Trips is very good.