Microsoft Vista and Quick Books

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mtdman, Jan 24, 2007.

1. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I got an email today from QB about not upgrading to Vista if you run any Quick Books application from 2006 and earlier. It won't run on the new Vista platform. I think 2007 is in the clear though. Just a head's up in case the word didn't get to you.

:D

2. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

This is absolutely correct. Vista has a bunch of small issues right now. I would hold off for a year or two before you run and upgrade.

3. toac

toac LawnSite Senior Member

i ran the beta release...if your computer is not top notch then don't upgrade. my computer runs on an amd 3.0 ghz (1600 ht front side), 1 gb of ram. it bogged my computer down and i couldn't get half of my software or hardware to work with it. i'm sure if i had another gig or ram it would've been better for the speed, but i'll stick with xp for a couple more years until there are updated drivers for older hardware.

4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Word of warning, never buy new OS when it first comes out. Let others buy it and go through the headaches then after about a year or longer they should have all the bugs worked out. You will be reading about problems with Vista when it comes out and it will be all over the news just wait. Microsoft has never had a perfect launch of an OS and most have been plagued with problems like 95,98,and the worst of all ME and when XP came out it had lots of problems too. I'm getting tired of everytime they come out with a new OS you have to throw a good computer away just to run the OS or completly rebuild the damn thing. Again wait at least another year before buying you wont regret it.

5. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Hmm.. did Microsoft buy a big stake in Exmark right before the Metro 26, Phazer, FrontRunner and other new mowers came out...

6. toac

toac LawnSite Senior Member

:laugh: That's funny!