Mid season advertising -best way?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by FrankenScagMachines, Jul 28, 2002.

?

Pick one.....

1. Fliers

11 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. Yellow Pages

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. Newspaper classifieds

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

What, overall, is the fastest and cheapest way to expand your business in midseason? Especially wanting long term customers...
    Please pick one that you think is the best option.
    Thanks,
    Eric

2. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

I only use fliers. You can put them where you want to work, and it doesn't cost much to have a company print them.

3. RoyaleRcr

RoyaleRcr LawnSite Member

Put out flyers in areas that fit your abilities. Also ask your local hardware stores, nurseries, even gas stations, and convenience stores if you can put flyers on there counters. It works!, I have not spent a penny on any other advertising in years.

4. Russo

Russo LawnSite Senior Member

I was feeling froggy this weekend so I put out about 150 fliers. I printed 2 on 1- 81/2x12 and cut it inhalf to save paper. I had my logo, references and services listed.....and this time I tried something new.

I eyeballed every lawn and wrote on the flier a price for mowing so it was like handing out 150 estimates instead of just advertising. It looked like this

On Call Mowing Price $______ Monthly Contract Price$______

Then I gave one heck of a break on the monthly price.

Haven't got any responses yet. I may have scared some folkes with the numbers, but I felt pretty good about it. The best thing about fliers for me has been actually talking to people who are sitting on their porch. Much higher responses in person.

Anyone else ever try this????