Mid-season Lawn accounts pickups

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BeautifulBlooms, Jul 4, 2008.

1. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious if you guys get a lot of new lawns mid season either from peoples lawns breaking down, dissatisfaction with their current lawn mowers, no more desire to mow through the rest of the hot summer, going on vacation, or just simply seeing you out on the job and asking for you to take over.

I only have 12 accounts for lawn mowing right now, but have picked up 2 extras for 2 weeks each while they are vacationing, and a third I will be picking up in September for the last few months. One was a referral, one is a friend of the family who happens to live 3 houses from one of my current customers, and the third just plain doesnt want to mow anymore.

2. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i picked up 3 yesterday through referrals. i dont advertise anymore, i just let my work advertise for me and satisfied customers love to talk.

3. Yater

Yater LawnSite Senior Member

I get several new calls every day. I'll pick them up if they don't sound like a pita. I also love the one-time hauling and cleanup jobs. There's good money there and they often lead to other work.

4. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

we are usually booked solid so when new calls come in we price them high and if we get them its a bonus

5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I have not been doing much advertising lately but I'm gonna re new for this comming week. I usually pick-up several during this time of they year straight into the fall. Then you get aeration, snow removal and other calls as well.

6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

ive been picking up at least one a week since june! this heat is putting alot of guys out of Business!! im lovin it!

7. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I always get a bit of a rush once it really heats up. People throw in the towel. They see me screaming across the neighbor's lawn while they're sweatin' like pigs - I'm gone by the time they've cut the front only - and my results look better... I always get several every year...

8. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I usually get a 1-2 each week. It may just be some jobs for one or two weeks or for the rest of the year. But either way it means more money for me.

9. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

yeaaa we get calls all the time, I love it this time of the year, Useually they start calling when It gets hot,

I inform them that we can fit them LATE Monday, there is NO more room anywhere.

God this drives them nuts...... " WHAT I CANT HAVE A FRIDAY ? "