Mid-size John Deere Diesel

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by trooper8870, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Sometimes I think the guys you get to talk to from Deere just plain lie, and other times I think they don't have a clue what they're talking about.

A 72" on an X?!? They'd have to either really stretch the frame, or the deck would have zero overlap on the blades, and even designed with no overlap I don't think that it would fit under the machine between the front and rear wheels. I know how large the 72" is for my 4115 CUT, and no way that'd fit under the X frame/wheel base as currently designed.

Years ago, many of the smaller Deere CUTs used a 2 cylinder Yanmar diesel engine. I don't see why they couldn't use a modernized version of one of them in the 900 series frame and make it all work.

2. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Who knows with some of them. It drives me nuts when they say one thing and it never turns out. A 72 would never work. There's barely room for the 60 7 iron on an x series. I know it won't work on 07 or is it 06 models and older.

No reason why diesel wouldn't work? Where are the zs made? Is it in waterloo area? If it is I should stop in and give a piece of my mind today.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

There's a member here (I can't recall his forum name, and I haven't seen him post for a while) that works(ed?) at the plant where they make them. He's down in either NC or SC, can't recall that either.

Wow! I really have CRS today.:hammerhead:

4. Jimslawncareservice

from mn

Ok. I'm going through the tractor and engine plant today via my dealer
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Jimslawncareservice

from mn

We are almost to waterloo and its raining!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Man, I hope that's heading my way!

I hope you take some pics while you're there and post 'em here on LS.

7. Jimslawncareservice

from mn

The tractor plant the last time I was there you couldn't bring cell phones in. I'll see what I can do
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Yea, I guess that's understandable. Maybe they'll let you at least get a few of things that aren't a secret anymore. It'd be interesting to see if you can. Have fun while you're there.:)

9. Jimslawncareservice

from mn

Will do. Atleast I get to see and smell the rain again. I'm suppose to get some today.
    Posted via Mobile Device