mid-winter check in

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Florida Gardener, Jan 25, 2014.

1. just seeing how everyone is doing. we have been very busy and im sure things will only continue to pick up. need to get my topdresser ready as renovation season will be kicking up in 2 months or so. really hope Feb stays cold just so i can make sure we are caught up with everything and at least get a small break before the madness begins. how's everyone else doing?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

ya same here. been busy. I just finished up on a landscape project for a client. Added concrete paver edging around the house and added landscape stone, did some mulching and finished up today with top soil and sodding. Checked on all my mowing clients this past week and not much happening there. Yes and loving the colder temps but not the frost and freezing temps in my area. I had tree mornings last week with frost.

3. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Plenty of work other than mowing, glad to finally see some colder weather the last two weeks. Mowing will be cranking back up before we know it.

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

This picture was taken near Pensacola Fla. Yesterday.

Welcome to the sunshine state.jpg

5. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

That's why I have to laugh every time someone asks about moving to Florida and running a business without specifying what part of Florida. There is a huge difference in climate North to South as well as many Micro climates around the state. Not to mention the huge difference in economic markets.

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Our area might never set the world on fire, But our Economy seems fairly stable now. Other trades that I talk to are saying the same thing. The last year or two things have picked up.

I think there are other areas in Florida that would have way more business. In fact those areas have been discuss here and our area isn't one. But I like being the small town guy and love when the snow birds go home. There are many things I would have liked to have done different, But I would still do it here.

7. OneLineAtATime

OneLineAtATime LawnSite Member

What are some of the things you would have done different?

8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

I would of blown off Landscaping and Grass cutting the day I got my Pesticide Certification. As a Senior Citizen working part time, I now keep more Money than I did with a ton of employees and a Nursery. It took Hurricane Charlie wiping out my nursery to wise me up.