Middle TN... Stolen Trailer w/ mowers & Equip....

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by dklawncare, Apr 22, 2004.

1. dklawncare

dklawncare LawnSite Member

Hey Guys,
    I had my enclosed trailer stolen last night in Hermitage (close to Nashville), TN.... I had a 2002 52" Lazer Z HP and a 2 wk. old 48" Metro in there. It also had 2 Shindaiwa Trimmers, a chainsaw, hedge trimmer, and Husky air tools. The trailer was a white enclosed trailer with big green letters on all 3 sides that said "DK LAWN CARE" and then had my phone number under that. The trailer's left brakelight is actually out, so it might be easy to spot. But I just thought I would put it out there in the unlikely case that someone has seen something fishy in the Middle TN area. If anyone has heard anything then you can email me at my personal address at socrdave@aol.com. Thanks guys.

2. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear about that. I imagine that your trailer is out of the area but will keep an eye out. (I'm also in Hermitage)
    I would suspect that you had decals for letters? if so they would be ripped off by now but, a shadow should be left and possibly visible.

3. Me and a friend of mine will definitely keep a look out!

I'm in Columbia, my friend is in Thompson Station (both on the south side of Nashville). We both have full time jobs in Nashville, not far from downtown.

I'm sorry for your situation, if it happened to me it would be devastating at least.

I guess this is what insurance is all about though?

4. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

If I happen to see it (or someone trying to sell those types of mowers cheap) I'll let you know.

5. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

What size was the trailer?

6. I will keep an eye up here in Rutherford County......

7. dklawncare

dklawncare LawnSite Member

Thanks guys....
    And yeah, I am a lil' disheartened....as you guys know this is not just equipment but my whole business basically, the way I make a living. My business insurance does cover some, however it only covers the limit that my policy was based on whenever it renewed last summer. So all of the equipment I bought since then can't be covered because they can't reimburse for more than my policy was worth. The worse thing is my new Metro is only covered up to $1500, so I basically lost 2 grand and can't use it anymore.

Oh and the trailer is a white (probably different now), 7 x 12 Apple Valley Cargo trailer. There were some witnesses last night where I live, but the only description they could give were that the people who stole the trailer were of hispanic descent, which doesn't exactly narrow the field down, especially in our area of work, ya know? Anyway, tomorrow I am going to pick up a new open trailer, 52" Lazer Z HP, and some trimmers and blowers. I can only buy what my insurance reimbursement will allow, so it's kinda like all of the money I put this past year into equipment is down the drain. Oh well, I guess its time for me to start building back up again, slowly but surely. Nothing like a challenge :)

8. metro-hp_48

from TN

Wish my Metro HP was running better, and you could use it, for awhile until you got another one. [week or two] (have a hydro here I'm borrowing until I can get the Metro back up (to full RPMs) or a new Hustler) THE THIEVES ARE DEFF. OUT IN FULL FORCE.....we need to set some traps!

(been watch my friends house all week, who got his whole rig stolen last Wed./week) Had to be next door doing a big brush job, anyway, so real easy to watch his house at the same time.

9. Metro, that's what makes you the man, I have met Metro and had several conversations with him....... I swear he would give you the shirt off his back if he thought it would help....Dk, I hope everything gets recovered, I would think that the people would be using it locally, or trying to unload it...... I would suggest calling local equipement dealers and asking them to keep and eye out, and maybe even put an add in the classifieds... This is the time of year that a lot of people are ugrading or looking for extra equip., so they may run up on it, and they would know what to look for and whom to report it to..... For about 20 bucks you could come in contact with a lot of people..... but I will do my best to spread the word up this way........

10. metro-hp_48

from TN

Hey cutnitclose, man I hope this isn't your day off, it is WET out there.