Middlesworth Mower

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by SteveNTexas, Apr 12, 2006.

1. SteveNTexas

SteveNTexas LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Hello I am new here but I have acquired a mower to use at my cemetery called a Middlesworth. I am in need of some information on it and so far have been unable to find any. I thought someone here may be able to help. The mower is not in tip top condition and some parts are missing but I would like to repair it. I need a wiring diagram and any pictures of the inner workings where springs go and how belts are run, etc. I will take any information on it like where I can get parts or manuals. It needs a muffler bad also some sprockets need replacing. I haven't measured the cut but I believe it is close to a 70" ish cut and I know it has a 20 hp V-Twin Briggs.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Steve

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I have never heard of this brand, It could have been built by another manufacturer and sold to that company where they put their name on it.
    Is it possible to post some pictures of this unit ? Somebody may recognize the unit and give some info. on it.

3. SteveNTexas

SteveNTexas LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I did find this on the net .
    I do not have any pictures of it I will try to borrow a digital camera and see if I can get some. Everyone I have talked to has pretty much the same response as you. Thanks anyway, maybe like you said someone will have some info on it.

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

5. jase4tiff

jase4tiff LawnSite Member

hello i have a middlesworth mower and i was wondering what info you found on yours if any. Im not sure how old this posting is. I have found out some info> I have a running middlesworth 18hp kohler 54"cut> so just let me know.
    Thanks for your time and have a great day.
    Jason

6. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

i would like to see this mower you speak of.

7. jase4tiff

jase4tiff LawnSite Member

how do i post pictures?

8. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

take digital pixs, move them to a folder on your desktop, go to the forum and click on "post reply", then click "manage attachments" then click "browse" highlight "desktop", find pixs, upload

9. TomLeachiii

TomLeachiii LawnSite Member

I would really like to see pictures of this mower as well. Does it have two front independent rotary decks and one independent belly mounted rotary deck. Do the decks have wide rear rollers? If this describes the mower you have, please contact me. My e-mail is tleach@merchantgould.com or call 612-336-4665.

Thank you.

10. coltsboy

coltsboy LawnSite Member

Hi, I used to work for Middlesworth Engineering, the company that made your mower. It was made in Greentown, IN. Most of the parts were made in house and it was a very small company. Tom Middlesworth was the engineer and owner. we only produced two or three mowers a week, sold mostly to golf courses and commercial mowers. The drought in 1988 hit the small company hard, I was laid off and they ended up selling later on. I don't remember making any sprockets but they are probably are a common size and could be found from any sprocket supplier. would like to see some pictures