1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

midmount vs outfront

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Willofalltrades, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

I am in the market for a ZTR. I will be mowing yards from 1/4 an acre to 3 acres. Nothing but the Kentucky Blue grass. I have a John Deere HD45 walkbehind with a 48" deck. I am stuck between getting a Toro or Exmark midmount mower with a catcher system or a Walker with a 48" GHS deck and a 52" mulch deck. I know the Walker is a hell of a lot of money but i believe it would be worth it. Whats your opinion?
  2. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Stay with Deere and get a 727 or 737, or a F687 front mount mower. I have thought about getting a F687 for the next mower which will be awhile...:blush: I would stick with Deere IMO....just my 0.02:)
  3. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Do you have to collect clippings? Mulching would be the way to go. Walkers have a nice vacuum action. Personally I can't stand Deere's vacuum systems. The Collection packs I've used in the past were more trouble than they worth. The newest ones apparently are PTO driven so that would fix alot of those old problems.