Midwest equipment & supply co.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by metro36, Feb 18, 2007.

1. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I saw an add in this months turf mag for midwest equipment & supply co. selling redhawk mowers at really good prices. Has anyone ordered from there? Could someone tell me what the shipping was?

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I ordered a 32 belt a couple weeks ago. Shipping was $150. I also managed to have them deliver it with a lift gate truck which was an additional C.O.D of $60. But WELL worth it to me.

3. bowhunter74

bowhunter74 LawnSite Member
    from mo

They are a wholesale supplier, how did you order from them?

4. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Any idea what the shipping for a redhawk 36 hydro to long island might cost?

5. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

They ran an ad in Turf mag. I called and ordered. Nothing to it. She even asked if I needed to get anything else.

Any idea what the shipping for a redhawk 36 hydro to long island might cost?

Do I look like Fed Ex? Call them and ask. I have no idea. But it shouldn't be a crazy amount. But the shipping weight on my 32 belt was 500 lbs. The ship them in a steel crate-like thing that weighs a lot.

6. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

What is the reason Midwest is closing out the RedHawk line? The prices keep going down.

7. kentuckylawns

kentuckylawns LawnSite Member

Grits, What did you think of your new redhawk mower? i'm also interested in purchasing one at those prices. Feedback appreciated.

8. lawnguy268

lawnguy268 LawnSite Member

redhawks are not really worth it if youask me , just my opinion . Find some thing with a kawi motor. The reason redhawk's are soo cheap is because there sold with kolher motor's (not the best). they cost about $400 to the kawi 1000.

again this is just my opinon. please don't take this the wrong way im not trying to bash anyone for buying a redhawk.

If yournot going to use it alot go for it.

9. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

So what did that 36" Redhawk cost you ???? I've been looking for a decent 36" that doesn't cost a fortune. I talked with my dealer and he told me the 36" Toro t-bar was $3000 and I don't want to pay that much for a mower that isn't going to be used very much.

10. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

a search here reveils alot of opinions on this mower, most are not very high opinions, i have not used it, seen one, thought it looked really cheap.... china made too im pretty sure