Midwest Flooding

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by nosparkplugs, Jun 11, 2008.

1. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Whatsnext, the flooding in the Midwest is going to cause everything from food & gasoline to rise; gas specifically, because of the 10% ethonal content in gasoline now, that comes from corn. Gas is going to be more expensive then diesel here soon

2. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

This too shall pass.

3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

MN - good quote for the turbulent weather we have been having.

nospark - I live around the flood ravaged areas. So many people affected by this stuff. The least they have to worry about now is the price of gas - things are that bad up here.
    Lets pray for those affected....

4. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

DA-Looks like your getting it again tonight. Hope the Root dam holds...

5. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

Seems like we get rained on every night here, about like '93.

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

Not worried about rivers around here...downstream in Iowa is where the real devastation is occurring.
    We need a change in the long term forecast, like, yesterday. TURN OFF THE SPICKET!

7. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

got hammered last night here in kansas by tornadoes. 2 people are dead. The missouri and kansas river(big rivers) are about to crest their banks.

8. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I remember that year, I was in High School and sandbagging on the mississippi river.

It took a long time for us to get crops in on the farm, and we weren't in the flood plane.

It's rough, but it's life, I just pray for everyone's safety.

9. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Not that I want flooding, but here we are in a drought and cant even turn on a garden hose and you have more water then you can deal with. Send a little of the rain our way...we need it bad!!

10. DA Quality Lawn & YS

wished we could cga - but if we had that kind of control we wouldn't be here on earth and would be in a better place:)