1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Midwest Guys

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by touhey33, Apr 4, 2008.

1. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone plan on starting to mow next week?
  2. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

No mowing, cleanups. We still have snow on some areas of lawns. Probably start mowing a few in 2 weeks and full bore the last week of April. Its gonna be a push this first month this year, the ground has plenty of moisture, as soon as we get some warm weather we wont be able to keep up.
  3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh Yea
    Here in St. Louis, it is starting to come in good.
    We will start the list next week, not all will need it, though.
  4. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

All my clean-ups will be started and finished this coming week. I then plan on starting my weekly mowing two weeks after. We too have snow in some lawns where the plows pushed it, but all those should be gone by this weekend with the temp being 60. That should allow either monday or tuesday to be my first day weather permitting.

THRIFTY LawnSite Member
    from (913)

Yes sir, next week 90% of my accounts will be mowed! The other 10% should be getting mowed by the next week.
  6. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

Not hardly. Bluegrass is still patchy brown.
  7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Week after next some will need mowed. I wish the ground would dry up a little, need to finish clean-ups.
  8. verant

verant LawnSite Senior Member

Itll be a couple weeks here in MN before clean ups start.
  9. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

I'm thinking the middle of next week!
  10. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting LawnSite Senior Member

I'll be changing the oil filter in all the equipment sharpening blades checking belts changing blade on edger and cleaning it all up just to start clean-ups and get them all dirty again, it's been along time waiting.