1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

    Dismiss Notice

Midwest Guys

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by touhey33, Apr 4, 2008.

  1. touhey33

    touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 772

    Anyone plan on starting to mow next week?
  2. jaybird24

    jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest
    Posts: 623

    No mowing, cleanups. We still have snow on some areas of lawns. Probably start mowing a few in 2 weeks and full bore the last week of April. Its gonna be a push this first month this year, the ground has plenty of moisture, as soon as we get some warm weather we wont be able to keep up.
  3. Premo Services

    Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,516

    Oh Yea
    Here in St. Louis, it is starting to come in good.
    We will start the list next week, not all will need it, though.
  4. mowerbrad

    mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 6,273

    All my clean-ups will be started and finished this coming week. I then plan on starting my weekly mowing two weeks after. We too have snow in some lawns where the plows pushed it, but all those should be gone by this weekend with the temp being 60. That should allow either monday or tuesday to be my first day weather permitting.

    THRIFTY LawnSite Member
    from (913)
    Posts: 208

    Yes sir, next week 90% of my accounts will be mowed! The other 10% should be getting mowed by the next week.
  6. IA_James

    IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa
    Posts: 2,593

    Not hardly. Bluegrass is still patchy brown.
  7. DLCS

    DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member
    Posts: 4,378

    Week after next some will need mowed. I wish the ground would dry up a little, need to finish clean-ups.
  8. verant

    verant LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 484

    Itll be a couple weeks here in MN before clean ups start.
  9. 4curbappeal

    4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 761

    I'm thinking the middle of next week!
  10. DJ Contracting

    DJ Contracting LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 487

    I'll be changing the oil filter in all the equipment sharpening blades checking belts changing blade on edger and cleaning it all up just to start clean-ups and get them all dirty again, it's been along time waiting.

Share This Page