might be buying a new 21" but dont know what to get.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by zim bob the landscaper, Apr 22, 2006.

1. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

MCW told me a honda which i definatly gonna look into. i want opinions what do u use????

2. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

if you're not going to use it offten, look at some cheap homeowner models. i only need a 21" mower for a small hill by a pool that is much too steep for my riders, and for a small parking strip that is too narrow for my riders. i just bought a craftsman push mower, $100, and it will last. now if you need a 21" for big stuff then i might sudgest a toro commercial mower or a lawn boy.

3. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Older (true) Lawn-Boy. Do NOT get the MTD Pro...Terrible cut IMHO...mine is going back.

4. jmurphy

jmurphy LawnSite Senior Member

I use a Toro and i love it. It mulches great and leaves a nice cut. Mike (MCW) is right, Hondas are good too.

5. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

honda...........

6. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We have two Toro Proline 21's, one has a Suzuki two-cycle and the other has a Kawasaki. The Kawasaki is on its eight season on the original engine and is still used daily. The Toro's cut great and are made to last. The Honda's look nice but I don't have any experience with them.

7. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

JD JX 75. Great machines for us!

8. FordManKubotaDreamer

FordManKubotaDreamer LawnSite Member

I use a 2003 "original" Lawn-Boy. I have never had any problems with it. :clapping:

9. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

ill be using more than i little ill be using it on 3 of my lawns because my bigger mowers cant get into some spots. and 2 i think ill use it for the whole thing i also want it to stripe nice too. thanks

10. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

honda all the way!!!