might be looking at another dixie chopper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cash_money, Apr 3, 2005.

1. cash_money

cash_money LawnSite Member
    from usa

might be looking at another dixie chopper in the next 6 months its the xg2703-60,We already have the flatlander.what are the pro and cons between my flatlander XWF2700-60 and the xg2703-60?My flatlander i have beat to death cause i would use it to mow city lots and house where it hasn't been mowed for a month or so.so i want a mower to use for nice yards and still keep my flatlander.but a couple things that bother me is that it is not a deluxe machine and i was wondering if i could buy a deluxe seat from dixie chopper and put it one the xg2703-60 since it's not a deluxe machine?or should i just go to a deluxe machine and not worry bout it?

2. crosson lawn

crosson lawn LawnSite Member

you need to schedule your good yards on one day and your shitty yards on another day and clean your mower everyday and put new blades on everyday. if you want a mower for good yards get a walker for the best cut. and keep the dixie chopper for the ***** jobs.

language

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Why bother putting the parts on the standard Dixie to bring it up to deluxe specs. Just buy the Supreme Mowchine from the get-go. Oh, and buying a Walker to go with his Flatlander would be like buying a pair of hair scissors to trim grass with.

4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Oh, and buying a Walker to go with his Flatlander would be like buying a pair of hair scissors to trim grass with.

That's funny.........I don't care who ya are!

I agree with Richard. Buy the right one first and be done with it.

Regardless of what the mower looks like the quality of the cut is in the deck........with sharp blades, level deck, and proper pitch you could hang the deck off of a Murray and still get a good cut on the "nice yards".

5. dixhead

dixhead LawnSite Member

I've got a mower that would be perfect for you. It's a 2003 XT-2800(60" Deck). It is now the same as the SP-2800(Supreme Mowchine). Anyway, it only has 34 hours(all homeowner), it's a real looker. It has the deluxe seat, tach, hourmeter, Amsoil dual filtration, dixie stripe kit, and oh yeah, a Kohler 28hp Fuel Injected motor that would chop down corn stalks if you wanted! It'll take $7,000.00 firm for me to part with it and I'm in Central Indiana.

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Now tell the truth. It is the same as the SP except it'll run about 5 or 6 mph faster.

7. dixhead

dixhead LawnSite Member

OK you got me trying to pull a fast one(no pun intended).

If anyone would like to email me about this mower, my address is bradgustin@insightbb.com I am selling it only because I sold the property I was using it on and my yard I still have is 1/3 acre, merely a warm up for this machine. I would consider a cash+trade deal for a 36" hydro wb in good shape.