Might have to go to North Carolina

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by Ford2000, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Ford2000

Ford2000 LawnSite Member

My wife just got a transfer to north Carolina (Winston Salem)
    I was wondering if there is anyone from that area and if there was a lot of work(bobcat work;landscaping).

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Im in VA 2-3 hours north of there, but greensboro, high point, winston-salem seems to be growing by leaps and bounds, and in my opinion are big cities with plenty of opportunity. There are other guys here from that area that comment on it better than me, and welcome to lawnsite
    wayne

3. Ford2000

Ford2000 LawnSite Member

Grass_cuttin_fool
    Thanks for responding i really do appreciate it.
    The last thing anyone wants to hear is that someone else is coming down to start a business ya know?But all i really want is a little bobcat work to keep busy.My 2 sons are going to stay up here to run our business so, i don't need a lot of work and am not looking to step on any toes.I'd rather have friends than enemys.I've been running my own lawn,landscape,snowplowing business up here for 20 years and it's very hard just to step aside.I already feel a hole in my somach(hard to explain):cry:
    Thanks guys,Chuck C.C.Lawn and Landscape

4. Ford2000

Ford2000 LawnSite Member

Soooo, if you guys need a bobcat service,i'm going to make sure that i give you a price that can not be matched because i have to be there (if i want to stay married)? :rolleyes: Also have dump trucks for you if needed.

Is this ok to do on this post? :blush:

5. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

Another Yankee coming down here! :dizzy: Just kidding.

There should be plenty of work for ya. I pay about $50.00 per hour for grading work. Guess that's the going rate around here. I don't have much grading work I need done and all ready have a guy to do it. But I will keep you in mind. Plenty of new construction going on here too if you like new stuff.

6. Branchland

I'm in Winston-Salem, accuatly in Walkertown, that's on the NorthEast side of Winston. Near Kernersville. There should be plenty of work here for you. And welcome aboard to Lawn Site and to Winston. :waving:

7. Ford2000

Ford2000 LawnSite Member

Yea,i know.The last thing you guys want to hear is that a new business is coming down.I don't know if i would like it.Thanks for the reply. :)

8. Branchland

Don't get me wrong. Nothing wrong with new business coming to town. There's plenty of work for everybody is what I believe. Just like a couple of years ago when I wanted to really push my lawn care. everybody asked about why when so many people was already doing it. One guy that's a god friend of mine and very sussesful landscaper told me that's there's plenty of work. Alot more people are haveing work done instead of doing it theirselves, alot of LCO's go out of bussiness every year and if you do good work and are dependable. I've found that to be very true. I wish you the best of luck. I'm sure you'll do fine down here with 20 years experiance under your belt you've got the the know how and expertise.

9. whitley_michaels

whitley_michaels LawnSite Member

North Carolina is GROWING , especially in eastern/coastal area, I have property near Topsail Island, NC, and the tax value went from $13000, to $ 49,000 this year. MANY,MANY,MANY upscale neighborhoods are being developed at a VERY repid pace in New Hanover, Pender, and Onslow Counties. There is much oprotunity for contractors of all types around here.

10. muddstopper

muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member

Shhhhhhhh:dancing: