Might pick up a new mower Tuesday.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Dawg, May 4, 2008.

1. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Ok all you southern guys let me here what you have to say about a super z with xr7. I have tried JD, Scag, Kubota and this Hustler. They all have had there plus and minus', but I like the ride and handling of the super z. The one I demod was a 60" cut with 31Kaw. I did not think the cut was quite as good as the Kubota or the Scag but I was cutting ex 14 day old weeds in a old hay pasture. I think the speed I was running had alittle to do with the cut. I think this has enough power to run doubles at about 12Mph and help. Any comments from XR7 oweners will be helpful and apperciated.

2. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

A crew cuts with a hustler super z beside one of my yards It doesn't look anywhere near as good as my scag does and a guy with a turf tiger mows on the other side and it looks better than the hustler. Simply the best is the way I went But the most important thing is dealer support. I live georgia so I cut bahia and st.augustine with a little bit of centipede thrown in hear and there the scag works great for me.

3. totallawncare25

totallawncare25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

The hustler XR-7 Deck i was told was pretty much designed for florida's grasses.
    Have you demo'd an Exmark yet ? If not i would check them out...

4. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I forgot to mention that I cut for almost 3 Hrs on the meter and when I quite There was a little to scrape from under the deck. I took my hopper back out there to finish and had to scrape the deck twice in about a hour and fourty minutes.

5. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

Which mower has the best dealer?

6. kendall1

kendall1 LawnSite Member

I tried a 60 with a 25 hp I think last season. The cut was not as good as my exmark left a strip between the left and center blade. The dealer put air baffle on the front of the deck and that made a differance. I was cutting bluegrass, rye , cool grasses