Might sell two yards in Mulvane, KS

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CaptainPike, Jun 4, 2011.

1. CaptainPike

CaptainPike LawnSite Member

But I have no idea what they might be worth.

One is an average size yard. She pays me 30 dollars per cut for the standard mowing, edging, trimming and blowing.

The second one is a slightly larger yard. She pays 40 per cut for the same service.

Both prefer to have their yards cut every two weeks.

Any idea what these two accounts would be worth if I wanted to sell them?

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah and good luck trying to hand off your own hard sells but thanks for offering, I guess.

3. CaptainPike

topsites, I don't know what you mean.

Both of these people are happy with my work. I serviced both yards all year last year and have so far this year too.

4. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

You must be kidding ?

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

The gist of it is if you don't want them what makes you think anyone else does,
    why in the WORLD would you sell just TWO of your accounts unless they were
    your lowest bidders, your pita's, or your own hard luck stories.

And if that's not what it is but it sure looks like it, I mean come on, we weren't born yesterday.
    lol

I say just deal with it, I am sure we all have these accounts we'd rather not have, just man up and do the best you can.

6. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

They are worth $140 a month for you, and you want to get rid ofthem. So ask yourself, What would I be willing to pay to have both of these lawns? Most of us don't even take every other week lawns, with the exception of you guys in drought areas.

7. pastorjoe77

pastorjoe77 LawnSite Member

I would take them off your hands just because I have a route in that area but not worth paying for two

8. CaptainPike

I'm interested in selling just two because that's all I have is two!

There is another I could tell you about, but she's got waist high weeds in her yard. That one, you could have for free.

9. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

I don't think it would be worth the trouble to sell or buy just two accounts. But if I knew you personally I might give you $50 for them as a favor...

10. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't pay for residential accounts at all. Just keep maintaining them or give them away.