Mike9497 on TV Tonight

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Darryl G, May 2, 2003.

1. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I just saw a piece on the local ABC news on Mike9497 and his offer to give free lawn service to military personell serving in the war overseas.

Nice little piece and great exposure for your business. Nice shot of the truck logo too. Good job Mike!

Between that and the article in the New Haven Register recently, you're becoming a local celebrity.:)

2. C & T

C & T LawnSite Member

Yeah I saw it to, it was on WB59 in New Haven. Good for him, I'm glad he's doing it, great exposure.

3. C & T

C & T LawnSite Member

Also saw his ad in the Community Classifieds about his "Free Lawn Service" for family members of troops overseas.

4. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

That's GREAT! It makes me proud to see that people in our biz are doing all they can to help out these familys!

5. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

I have the free ones as well...Submarine guys off to the mideast. I tell ya Mike has been gettin some great publicity, now he doesn't want to sell me anything!!;)

6. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

thanks guys.there was suppose to be more on tv but they cut alot of it out.i asked them to cut some things out.they interviewed the wife and her two Little kids.the little girl who i think was 3.was talking to me about her dad being away and my mind just went kind of blank and my mood kind of change if you know what i mean.so i didn't want that on tv because you guys would call me a big baby lol.but it was fun for the most part and thank god for the bullrider sulky.her lawn came out aw some.better than my paid accounts.to bad they didn't show the lawn but oh well.i have 6 free lawns so far now.

Just to let you guys know.i haven't gotten any kind of paid work from this.im sure theres alot of people that think im doing this to beef up my biz.but the only calls i get are for free services and the war protesters

7. Darryl G

You like the Bullrider I take it...I love mine. It even works it you mount it a little bit crooked like I did, LOL!

8. mike9497

like isn't the word.i love it.im going to take some pics of lawns i did with a ztr and the bullrider lawns.can't really tell the diff between them

9. Darryl G

I never use the trailer mode...I like to caster so the controls stay in front of me and I don't have to twist like a pretzel to keep my hands on the grips.

10. mike9497

i have to use the trailer mode because im to fat and the mower can't turn.it just spins the wheels when i wanna turn lol lol