MikeG..You should have moved your right knee.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KenH, Apr 15, 2003.

1. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

a little to the left so we could catch your number in the picture!!!

I read the article in the Register this morning....came out good.

My only beef is they mentioned Lawnsite twice....now every Tom Dick and Harry will be browsing here...landscapers beware..

2. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

well when they took the pic the truck wasn't even close to the spot they put it in the picture.the truck was more forward so you could see the #.look at my head lol.they crushed it down also.no big deal.they just have to call the number at the bottom and the paper will send them over.well i told them about lawnsite because there are many people on here that are doing this.i felt why should i have all the credit.yeah i thought about doing it but if it wasn't for the thread that started up on here i might not of gone through with it.because if i didn't get support from you guys then i would of felt it was a stupid thing to even think about doing

3. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Can someone Please clue me in on what ur talking about? :confused: :confused:

4. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

5. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank u Crawdad. :)

6. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Nice article Mike.

I see I got an honoable mention.:) Tara misquoted me though. I said I could do two or three lawns, not one or two. Also, I told her that I offered to help you if you got any requests from people out my way, not just if you had too many.

Reporters!:rolleyes:

7. mike9497

darryl

at least she put your company name in there.she just said my name not the company.so i don't know how the hell people are going to call me,but i did find 3 from friends of the family and 2 people called the paper to get my number.i also got 2
    people on saturday who want to help out.i was going to be on wtic radio but i said no because i don't think its right.wtnh is coming with me for a day when i start doing my free lawns.which i think is cool because they can see what a landscapers day is like you know.

also i got in with the police union.im taking care of an officers lawn because he was in a car crash and is in real bad shape.i offered to do it for free but they said no we are paying you for it.
    the house is right near you darryl...lol.don't worry im not moving into your area.madison is as far as i go.just this one is in killingworth.

but thanks for offering to help out.if i get any calls from your area and you have room i'll send them over to you

8. Darryl G

Mike - Yeah, it does seem funny they didn't mention your company name or who people were to contact if they were interested.

I don't have any regular accounts in Killingworth but I do have some clean-up customers there. Some of the people there are worth a killing (pun intended).

You can come work in my area any time you want...plenty of work to go around. Just don't low ball me!:angry:

9. mike9497

LOL

nah i don't go any lower than 30.00 for cuttings.cleanups are around 150 to 230 for a small yard.i don't get to many cleanups because of my price i think lol.everyone in my area wants the 50.00 clean ups.i don't know anyone around here that does it for that price lol

10. Darryl G

I just did a $25 cleanup yesterday. It was a pretty small yard, only took me 2.5 hours. It never got a final fall cleanup, so it took a little longer than usual. My Aunt was very pleased with my work! Her neighbor across the street liked the way it looked and called today. My wife quoted the lady $25 (she knew that's what I billed my Aunt). Wifey got a little scolding from me...I told her to leave the pricing to me.