1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mikegyver Equipment/Work/ETC pics thread

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Mikegyver, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

After...took me around 8-10 hrs with a bob to do this work....
  2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Boy that trailer is exactly like ours. We added a place for fuel on the tongue
    and some boxes on side for shovel etc. We can't get the right kind of tires on the darn thing. It wore the first set of tires out in 5 months. I don't know what is different about that trailer but it is bad on tires. I was greasing the wheel bearing today and lubing the brakes.
  3. ETPRO

ETPRO LawnSite Senior Member

My mistake on the weed-eater gas. Thats funny, I knew I couldn't see that well, but thats sad when I can't see it on a screen in front of me. That is funny! I know what you mean on some of those "face lift" landscaping jobs. Many times the budgets are as tight as bark on a tree. If you are going to up-sell, you have to spend a little time with them and help them see how that money is going to make a huge difference on the front of their building. Business or homeowner. Both of them have their quirks.

I really like that trailer!!! Love the side ramp! What are the axles rated for?

Looks great!
  4. Mikegyver

I think the axles are 3500 even though the guy that sold it to me said they were 2500. I am going to put a new 3500 lb axle with brakes on it in the next month or so.
    Loving the side ramp, this trailer was a huge leap from my 5x14 utility. I wasn't really ready to buy but the right opportunity came up so I jumped on it. Best move I've made in a long time. I don't know what I did without a landscape trailer.
  5. ETPRO

ETPRO LawnSite Senior Member

Side ramp is great and the tandem axles. I won't ever own (even a 4 wheeler trailer) without tandem axles. Hate sing axle trailers. So bumpy.
  6. Mikegyver

We have a 5x14 single axle that I'm trying to talk dad into selling...id rather have a tandem 16' than that trailer around.
    Not only are they bumpy they are a pain to back up.
  7. Mikegyver

Oops, Double post.
    Hope to get some more pics up soon.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  8. nylesedwards

nylesedwards LawnSite Member

I agree, I just updated mine to a dual axle and love it. My single axle would bounce my mowers around and were a pain in the ass to reverse.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. sticklelm

sticklelm LawnSite Senior Member

Nice set up buddy. the truck lettering looks perdy on that black. ever think about getting a black enclosed to match the truck?
  10. Mikegyver

Ya, I have, but they do cost quite a bit more and I needed a brush trailer for cleanups.